Automated Test Engineer (Remote possible)
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research & knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights & creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs around 250 professionals in ten global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platforms to strategy consulting firms, investment houses & global corporations.
We are looking for an experienced QA/Testing engineer, with experience of testing browser-based business applications. This person would have the opportunity to be part of a brand-new team of developers, reporting to a lead developer as part of an agile software development team to tackle a number of exciting leading-edge software products which have a significant and direct business impact. We will be building web and mobile applications, deploying with AWS, with automated testing and deployment, using modern best-of-breed web technologies. This role is ideally suited to a candidate who has a solid track record of automated testing of web applications. You will have the chance to shape the automated testing of projects across the company and bring your expertise to an enthusiastic audience.
Location: Berlin or remote possible.
- Lead and manage test planning and execution
- Co-formulate and drive the automated testing strategy
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner
- Support classical hands-on testing where necessary
- Responsible for the accurate reporting of test results
- Isolating bugs i.e. finding the steps to reproduce an identified bug
- Write a precise description of the encountered issues, so they can be easily identified and reproduced
- Maintaining and improving existing test cases and improving workflow
- Identify and consistently improve testing tools and approaches
Profiles we are seeking:
- At least 3 years of experience in mobile and web automation
- Strong understanding of software QA methodologies and processes
- Experience with at least one End to End automation Frameworks (Cypress*, Selenium etc.)
- Experience with Ticket Management (JIRA)
- The ability to identify process challenges, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Experience with CI/CD Structure and Pipelines
- Familiar with functionality, API, performance, integration and usability test cases
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, technical, and troubleshooting skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills and you can be an interface between Product Development, Design and Business
- The ability to work independently and own a project, but you also love teamwork!
- Proficient with a programming language in which you can design and implement End-to-End Tests, UI Tests, Functional Tests and the infrastructure health checks
- Pragmatic and work autonomously with a strong positive attitude and you overcome challenges with passion
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively on shared projects with developers, designers and testers
- Strong English language skills (written & verbal)
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Practical experience leading a QA team for at least 2+ years in the software industry
- Experience in Cypress
- Strong Experience in Nodejs
- Experience in building pipelines from scratch
- Passion for product development and user experience
Interested? Apply now!