Chief Product Officer
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research & knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision-making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. As a one-stop-shop for primary research, we deliver at speed qualitative and quantitative insights worldwide and across industries.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs 500+ professionals in 11 global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global B2B research platforms to consulting companies, investment firms & global corporations.
The Chief Product Officer (“CPO”), reporting directly to our CEO, is responsible for developing, overseeing, and aligning our company’s product vision, strategy and execution to achieve our business goals, build sustainable competitive advantage, and rapidly grow our customer base.
The underlying function includes driving product vision and strategy, identifying opportunities for new products and improvements in existing products through data and user feedback, and addressing those opportunities via iterative experimentation, implementation, and optimization. The CPO ensures we target the best market opportunities, implement a product strategy to capitalize on those opportunities, position our products and company in a clear and compelling way, generate demand and drive rapid product adoption and engagement.
Our product leader is committed to our customers’ and colleagues’ success and embodies proven executive leadership. They are also aligned with Atheneum’s SEEDS values (Sustainability, Entrepreneurship, Excellence, Diversity, Supportive Spirit).
What you’ll be doing
- Develop, communicate, and align the company to our product vision, strategy, and operational plan.
- Build and grow a high-performing, collaborative product team that is committed to continuous improvement in pursuit of customer fanaticism and our business objectives.
- Drive profitable and efficient revenue growth as well as product adoption to meet or exceed company targets.
- Develop strategic product roadmap and ensure successful product innovation to differentiate our company against our competition and drive new customer acquisition as well as customer retention and revenue growth. Ensure a transparent, ongoing roadmap communication, keeping all stakeholders informed about relevant topics.
- ● Partner closely with the Executive Team to develop, implement, and strengthen company culture and strategy.
Definition of Success
- Market opportunities are identified, evaluated for strategic fit, documented, and communicated throughout the organization.
- Product strategy is documented, continuously updated, and aligned to the business objectives, market opportunities, go-to-market strategy, and competitive landscape.
- We are progressively delivering more value to our customers, measured by metrics such as NPS, customer revenue growth, renewal/retention rate and churn.
- Product management team is consistently and efficiently executing the product strategy and roadmap consistently exceeding and improving revenue, and growth targets.
- Our brand, vision, and products are increasingly recognized, valued, adopted and utilized by the market and our customers.
- Our product team is continuously improving and operates as essential and collaborative part of our overall company culture and success.
Profiles we are seeking
- A proven track record of scaling a B2B company with SaaS / data product lines.
- A passion for solving customers’ problems and helping them achieve best-in-class experiences and outcomes.
- Understanding of product management best practices, as well as product development.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and management abilities.
- Empathy for and understanding of our customers’ needs developed through professional experience leveraging expert networks and/or primary research platforms in prior roles is a plus
- 10 years’ proven experience in product and commercial positions.
- MBA or Executive Education certificate in relevant field.