Who We Are:
Atheneum is a global platform revolutionizing market research and knowledge sharing across the business community. Our mission is to accelerate the decision-making of our clients by connecting them to the world’s top professionals and industry leaders. We deliver interactions that generate intelligent insights and creative ideas ensuring our clients can drive their business forward efficiently.
Founded in 2010, Atheneum currently employs 440 professionals in 10 global offices and is rapidly growing as one of the world’s leading global insight platforms to strategy consulting firms, investment houses, and global corporations
We are seeking an IT Support Specialist to assist our IT team in catering for our Berlin headquarters and our global offices.
• Installing and configuring all types of end-user devices, including Laptops and related software, Operating systems, Wireless access points, Printers, Scanners and more
• Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
• Investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer software and hardware faults
• Managing assets, stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies
• Responding to breakdowns, repairing equipment, and replacing broken parts
• Talking to suppliers, providers, and employees (English) to determine the nature of problems
• Maintaining records of software licenses
• Creating documentation and reports
• Supporting our offices across different time zones
Profiles we are looking for
• 1+ years of experience in an IT Support or IT Administration role
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows Networks
• Ability to manage Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers/Group Policy
• Basic administration knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
• Hands-on experience with Windows, Mac OS X, iOS
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting day-to-day hardware and software issues
• Ability to work independently and handle a high level of responsibility
What We Offer
Here at Atheneum, diversity and inclusion is not just part of our culture, it is ingrained in our DNA. We do not discriminate in any way when assessing applications.